Why do I develop blackheads on my inner thighs or why are my inner thighs darkened with small dark headed bumps? Do blackheads develop alongside severe symptoms? Learn more about blackheads on inner thighs including causes, symptoms, treatments, preventions and home remedies.
- 1 Blackheads on inner thighs meaning and formation
- 2 What causes blackheads on inner thighs?
- 3 Symptoms of blackheads on inner thighs
- 4 Blackheads inner thighs treatment
- 5 Blackheads on inner Thighs Home Remedies
- 6 Blackheads on inner thigh Preventions
- 7 When to see a Doctor
Blackheads on inner thighs meaning and formation
The overproduction of sebum or oils by your skin`s sebaceous glands clogs the opening of the hair follicles leading to development of black or dark bumps dots or spots (blackheads). The dark color happens after the clogs having been exposed to air and oxidized. Blackheads can occur in several parts of the body including inner thighs, forehead, around lips, on nose and other body parts. It can also affect both children and adults.
Others reasons for the development of black bumps on inner thighs may include profuse sweating, shaving and waxing, certain medications among other more causes that we are about to discuss in details.
Blackheads on thighs are normally not painful but triggers a great concern when they become severe and seem to be infected. Infection are what causes boils on inner thigh. Actually blackheads are the major reasons for the dark inner thighs among many people. The sizes of these blackheads can range from small bumps on inner thigh to dark large lump on inner thigh.
Unless uneasiness or psychological distress, inner thigh blackheads are nothing to be anxious about.
What causes blackheads on inner thighs?
Below are the common factors that may trigger blackheads on inner thighs:
1. Hormonal imbalances
Blackheads on inner thigh can be triggered by hormonal imbalance and variations, especially during pregnancies and periods among women. It should be noted that during these periods, the level of androgen hormonal will tend to rise among many women. This can potentially contribute to excessive production of sebum, which may clog the pores leading to development of these small dark bumps between thighs.
2. Excess production of sebum
Apart from hormonal imbalance, the overproduction of sebum, which may be influenced by many factors including high stress levels, puberty, and diet such as consumption of oily foods, is a major cause. The blackheads or darkened inner thighs bumps may be due to excess sebum clumping with dead skin cells to block the hair follicles.
3. Certain medications
In some people, inner thigh blackheads can be due to reactions towards some medications. Medications involving the applications of corticosteroids, lithium, androgens and birth control pills may lead to hormonal imbalances leading to formation of blackheads.
4. Blackheads due to Friction
It should be understood that friction between thighs causes skin changes. Individuals without thigh gap are more vulnerable to inner thigh blackheads when thigh rub against one another while walking. Again, excess sweating from the body and tight undergarments can increase chances of developing inner thigh dark bumps. Notably, friction will lead to high level of dead top skin cells that may clog the hair follicles to form blackheads.
5. Blackheads after shaving or shaving bumps
According to Healtreatcure.org, (A lot of shaving and using old razors can cause blackheads on inner thighs. Poor shaving techniques and use of wrong solutions while shaving down there or bikini area can causes you blackheads or bumps). So proper techniques should employed during shavings.
6. Sun poisoning
It is very important to note that spending a lot of time on the sun and especially exposing your thigh to the sum can increase your chances of suffering from blackheads. Too much exposure of your skin on the sun makes the UV radiations from the sun to denature the skin cells. The dead skin cells can sum up with excess oils to clog the hair follicles leading to formation of blackheads on thighs.
7. Environmental Factors
Apart from the excess sebum being the prime trigger of blackheads, certain environmental factors also can contribute to the formation of these black bumps. Such factors including excess pollution, dust and small particles can find their way to inner thigh pores. When the pollutants, small particles and dust combine with excess oils in the thigh, they may block the hair follicles leading to formation of the blackheads.
8. Other reasons
Apart from the above revealed common triggers of blackheads, below are more factors that can as well initiate blackheads on inner thighs:
- Propionibacterium acne build up on the inner thigh skin
- Accidental trauma leading to skin damage and bruising
- Excess stress
- Excessive sweating and high humidity levels
- Fungal infections (can lead to occurrences boils and blackheads on inner thighs
- Excessive lubrication within the birth canal or poor personal hygiene
Symptoms of blackheads on inner thighs
How can I differentiate a blackheads on inner thigh from inner thigh pimples and boils? According to Healthline.com, the common symptoms to help you spot blackheads include a darkened, slightly raised non-inflamed, non-painful bumps. These are kind of non-inflammatory type of acne since the comedones are not yet attacked by bacteria. If the blackheads are infected, then the development of papules pustules, cysts and nodules can take the course.
Blackheads inner thighs treatment
What is required in the blackheads between thigh treatments? Well, to be able to effectively treat the blackheads, one is required to have a prior knowledge about the underlying causes. The treatments may range from home remedies to over-the-counter-products to prescribed medications. Discover the various inner thigh blackheads treatments.
Over-the- counter Products
Blackheads between inner thighs have got several remedies including over the counter products. The products include lotions, creams, gels and even pads. The ingredients usually contained in these products may include, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid and resorcinol. They help in drying up excess oils, killing bacteria and getting rid of dead skin cells. Some of them are applied directly the skin. This can as well be effective inner thigh pimples treatment.
In cases where over the counter medications cannot be very effective, there is another option. There are several medications that can be prescribed by doctors to manage inner thigh blackheads. These medications contain ingredients like, antibiotics and benzoyl products.
Laser and light treatment
Light and laser procedures can be applied to kill bacteria and reduce the excess production of oil. These procedures are very effective since they can manage the comedones beneath the skin without damaging the upper layer of your skin.
Manual blackhead removal
Manual removal of blackheads on thigh using specialized instruments is another proven procedure. The specials tools are used to make a small opening in the plug the a little pressure is applied using loop extractors to remove the clogs.
This is a process where the doctor or dermatologist will use special device having a rough surface to sand out the top layer of your skin containing plugs. The will help to get rid of clogs hence doing away with the blackheads.
Blackheads on inner Thighs Home Remedies
Below are some of the home remedies that can help to manage blackheads and dark inner thighs:
- Aloe Vera
- Coconut Oil
- Use of Tea Tree Oil
- Use a cold compressor pack
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Radish Seeds
- Salicylic Acid Soap
Some of these products can be mixture for effective and suitable results.
Blackheads on inner thigh Preventions
Can I prevent blackheads from developing on my inner thigh? Though it may be somewhat difficult to control hormones influencing overproduction of sebum during puberty, pregnancies and periods, some of the trigger can be prevented. So learn more about the inner thigh blackheads prevention techniques.
- After bathing, allow your thighs to dry completely, this will helps to get rid of moisture that can attract fungal infections.
- Before your wear swimwear, remember to apply sunscreen to protect your thighs against UV radiations from sun that can leads to acne and inner thigh blackheads
- Refrain from wearing tight clothing around the thigh, this can help stop the occurrence of skin irritations that may trigger acne and other skin disorders.
- Take regular shower to prevent occurrence of clogs, accumulation of dead skin cell, germs and bacteria. Use mild cleanser to wash your thigh and also remember not to scrub your thigh with rough scrubbers.
- Find a way of avoiding excess sweating and high humidity
- Gently exfoliate the dead layer the top layer of the skin to reduce incidences of black spots
- Limit dairy products that contain certain hormones that can stimulate oils gland leading to excess oil productions
When to see a Doctor
As we have said before, blackheads are nothing much to worry about but sometimes it can be accompanied by mild pain and itching. In such a case, remember these might be a sign of severe acne. So, when the after using the over the counter medication or the homes remedies and the inner thigh blackheads still persist, see your dermatologist or doctor for further help.
- Healthline: Blackheads
- Medical News Today: Blackheads: Facts, Causes and Treatments
- Heal Treat Cure Blackheads on inner Thighs, Get Rid, Home Remedies, Pictures, Removal, under Armpit, Treatment, Dark, Help
- Blackheads.co Blackheads On Inner Thighs Causes and Remedies
- Steady Healthy Boils Blackheads Pimples And Whiteheads In My Inner Thighs: steadyhealth.com
- The Fit Indian: Quick Remedies to Get Rid of Face Acne, Chest and Back Acne and Inner Thigh Acne
- Steady Health: Blackheads And Dark Skin Between Legs And Breast
- Top 10 Home Remedies: Home Remedies for Acne