What are causes blackheads on penile shaft? Are they symptoms of STDs? Learn more about the blackheads on penile shaft, causes, what about if they are infected, symptoms and their fast and effective treatments including home remedies and prevention measures
If you have penile blackheads, you should not worry. This is because blackheads on penile shaft may not be that risky or a life threatening problem. However, they often cause concern on among many men. Let us begin by understanding the meaning of a blackhea.
- 1 What are blackheads? –Blackheads on penile shaft meaning and development
- 2 How can I spot a blackheads on my penile shaft- Symptoms
- 3 Causes of blackheads on my penile shaft
- 4 What if the blackheads are infected
- 5 How can blackhead on penile shaft be treated?
- 6 Home Remedies for blackheads on penile shaft
- 7 How to prevent blackheads around your lips
What are blackheads? –Blackheads on penile shaft meaning and development
Blackheads on penile shaft are little or small black bumps, dot or spots on the skin of penile shaft. These black bump-like pimples are symptoms of acne that form when the skin pores on the penile shaft are blocked.
How are skin pores blocked? It is simple, when sebaceous glands overproduce excess sebum, it can form plugs (comedones) on the pores by clumping with epidermal cells that shed from the skin. When these comedones are exposed to the air, they are oxidized and turns black to form the blackheads, on the other hand, when the comedones are not open, they will form whiteheads.
Actually, doctors have not linked blackheads to any STD but they can facilitate the infections of the blackheads leading to formation of pimples on the shaft.
Where else in the body can you find blackheads? Well, apart from occurring in the penile shaft, blackheads can also be seen in nose thighs, legs, scalp, shoulders, breasts, neck among other parts of the body.
How can I spot a blackheads on my penile shaft- Symptoms
Common symptoms of blackheads include a darkened, slightly raised non-painful and non-inflamed bumps. Other signs of the blackheads may include the following:
- Rough Skin
- Pores enlargement
- Peeling skin
There may be other more symptoms, which will vary from one person to another
Causes of blackheads on my penile shaft
Below are the common causes of blackheads on the penile shaft:
Overproduction of excess sebum
Well, as we have indicated earlier, the major trigger of blackheads is the excess production of sebum by sebaceous glands. The excess produced sebum can block the hair follicles leading formation of the black bumps on dick.
Again, sebum can build up with dead skin cells and dirt to block the hair follicle leading to the development of these black bumps on dick. There are several factors that can influence the production of sebum including hormonal changes, consumption of oily foods, and genetics among other factors.
Hormonal changes during puberty
Blackheads and even other types of acne lesions tend to be more common in the adolescents. Doctors has linked this phenomenon with the hormonal changes during this period. During puberty, the level of hormone androgen rises among many teenagers. The rise in this hormone may influence the excess production of sebum hence initiating blackheads formation in both boy and girls.
Blackheads on penile shaft can also have their roots from some medications such as corticosteroids, lithium, androgens and birth control pills. These medications in some cases will tend to surge the levels of hormones influencing overproduction of excess sebum leading to breakout of these small bumps on dick.
Apart from excess production of sebum being the major trigger of blackheads, certain climatic factors can also influence the formation of these black bumps. High humidity and hot climates can also lead to development of blackheads. For instance, hot humidity can lead to excess sweating that can trigger the formation of the blackheads.
Certain types of skin products
It is also possible that your penile shaft skin is blocked by certain skin products. Some of these skin products are waxy and can clog the pores leading to formation of blackheads and other forms of acne lesions. They can also lead to penus pimples. So it is advisable to use skin products labelled non-comedogenic as they will not clog your skin pores.
- Improper size of undergarment
- Accidental trauma leading to injury and bruising
- Unhygienic life style
- Poor quality of clothing habit
- Having a lot of stress or mental tension
- Propionibacterium acnes building up on the skin
- Blackheads also have been also been proved to be influenced by genetics backgrounds.
What if the blackheads are infected
Blackheads are symptoms of mild acne triggered when the hair follicles are blocked. When blackheads on your penile shaft is infected, they can develop to pimple on shaft.
Webmd.com illustrates further that, “Mild acne usually causes only whiteheads and blackheads. At times, these may develop into an infection in the skin pore (pimple). Severe acne can produce hundreds of pimples that cover large areas of skin”
These types of pimple on your dick, covers large area of your penile shaft skin and can grow to cysts lesions (deep and large pimples). They are usually painful and leaves scars on your skin. Therefore acne, whether mild or severe needs a prompt medication.
How can blackhead on penile shaft be treated?
Are you there experiencing blackheads on your penile shaft? Are you wondering how to get rid of such bothersome condition that can be mistaken for STDs? To treat penile shaft blackheads effectively, take time to know why they occur in the first place. Below are some of the most suitable blackhead removal procedures:
Over the counter treatments
Many blackheads treatments are available at drug stores and such medications does not requires any prescription. The medications are available in the forms of creams, gels and pads. They usually contain elements such as benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol or salicylic acid. These products used topically on the skin to kill bacteria, dry excess oil and force the dead skin cells to shed off.
Medical prescriptions for severe blackheads cases
In circumstances where over-the-counter drugs cannot improve the state of your penile blackhead, your dermatologist may recommend the application of strong prescriptions. This will depend on the nature of the given blackhead.
According to Healthline.com, “Medications that contain vitamin A, such as tretinoin, tazarotene, and adapalene keep plugs from forming in the hair follicles and promote more rapid turnover of skin cells.”
Other types of topical medications containing benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics can also be very appropriate. Remember these kinds of medications are applied directly to your skin.
Penile blackheads can be removed manually. In such cases, you can carefully pop them but it is a good idea to use special tools or extractor. You can perform this process alone after getting instructions from your skin specialist.
Home Remedies for blackheads on penile shaft
Several tried and tested home remedies can help in getting rid of blackheads. Let us now go through all of these remedies and check on various ways in which they can cure blackheads on penile shaft.
- Add a paste of ground radish seeds to water, apply the solution to the affected area and wash off after sometime. Repeat this technique at least twice a day. For sure you will get rid of blackhead symptoms effectively.
- Again, you can prepare a paste of cornstarch and vinegar and apply it on your blackhead. The moment it dries, rinse it off. If you repeat the process at least once per day for one week, you will see great result since that would help cleansing the skin and therefore preventing blackheads.
- Another effective home technique is to mix some salt with glycerin and apply it on the blackhead. This too would help in managing penile blackheads.
Other home remedies
More home remedies may include:
- Use of Honey + milk pore strips
- Cinnamon + honey strips
- using baking soda + water to form paste
- Bentonite clay paste
- Application of egg white mask
- Gentle sugar scrub
When your blackheads don’t respond to the mentioned home remedies, please stop the application of these home remedies and see your dermatologist for further treatment especially when you have severe acne or infected blackheads.
How to prevent blackheads around your lips
Can the occurrence of blackheads on my penile shaft be avoided? Though some roots i.e. hormonal changes during puberty is so challenging to prevent, the opposite can also be true-some causes can be prevented. So here are some of the precautions that can help avoid blackheads;
- Use a humidifier in your homes to reduce sweating
- Shower regularly to reduce build up of sebum, germs and bacteria on the penile shaft skin
- Check on diets that can cause a surge in hormones
- Get adequate rest
- Reduce stressful life
- Exercise regularly
Though blackheads on penile shaft are usually not life threatening they are can be unsightly. To some, the problem can be very severe when they become infected.
Again, blackheads that do not respond to over-the-products and homes remedies may require you visiting a dermatologist.
You may also like
- Blackheads on Nipples Causes, Symptoms, Treatments, Home Remedies and Preventions
- Blackheads in Ears Causes, Removal Tools and Treatments to Get Rid of Ear Blackheads
- Blackhead Meaning, Causes, Symptoms, Myths, Treatments and Home Remedies
- Blackheads on Lips Causes, Treatments, Home Remedies and Preventions
- Blackheads on Inner Thighs Causes, Treatments, Remedies and Prevention