Do you have blackheads on face? What nasty things do you hear your friends say about you? What does it make you feel like with black unsightly black spots due to the blackheads on cheeks or nose or around chin?
Excessive sebum released by your body is a major cause of blackheads on your cheeks. Moreover, if you found out what triggers blackheads on your entire face, you will get a better way out to treat them.
However, poor hygiene, dirt do not cause blackheads to appear anywhere on your face. Even though, accumulation of dirt, makeup or excessive body lotions can only worsen the appearance or symptoms typical of the blackheads. Find out more on treatment, best blackhead products you can use and natural procedures to help you remove them.
- 1 How to remove blackheads on the cheeks
- 2 Do blackheads on cheeks go away on their own?
- 3 Why blackheads on cheeks won’t go away or seem to never clear
- 4 How to deal with blackheads on cheeks (face) naturally
- 4.1 1. Steaming your facial skin
- 4.2 2. Natural exfoliants and DIY facial recipes
- 4.3 3. Pore strip gelatin facial mask
- 4.4 6. Honey mask
- 4.5 7. The egg white mask
- 4.6 8. Clay masks
- 4.7 9. Baking soda facial scrubs for oily skin
- 5 Dealing with blackheads on your cheeks
How to remove blackheads on the cheeks
There is an absolute need to get rid of blackheads geared by the fact that this condition can ruin your image or distort your facial complexion.
Facial exfoliation and how to get the best out
Having a crystal-clear understanding of the causes of blackheads on cheek is fundamental. What do you do to eliminate blackheads on cheek?
Regular exfoliation is crucial even if you feel that your skin is free of blemishes. In order to banish facial blackheads, go to an expert to reveal your skin problem. He or she will look into these related factors considerably and try to find the way out.
If you have a normal skin type or oily skin or sensitive or dry skin, acne-prone or a combination; your dermatologist will specify the kind of scrubs, enzyme-based products or creams to suit your condition. If the blackheads won’t go away, seek medical treatments.
Using best blackhead remover products
For a normal skin type, facial cleansers or face wash are some of the effective means to rid your cheeks of blackheads within weeks. Select products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid, with the latter being skin-friendly than benzoyl peroxide.
Use of blackhead products should be optimal but not aggressive. Stick to the routine cleansing, exfoliation and moisturizing where necessary.
Alternatively, opt for the manufacturer’s instructions or guide from your dermatologist while selecting, using or applying. Some of the best products to remove blackheads from your cheeks include:
- Face washes
- Cleansing or purifying masks
- Blackhead pore strips
- BHA exfoliants and salicylic-containing creams
- Retinoid cleansers and creams
- Antibacterial agents such as benzoyl peroxide
- Blackhead dissolver
NOTE: results for certain individuals won’t come overnight or that quickly after treatment.
Best treatment for stubborn, huge blackheads on cheek
Acne medication is considered the best treatment for blackheads. Are there other best ways to get rid of blackheads from the face?
Microdermabrasion for deep blackheads
Dermabrasion is another effective but optional form treatment. This method has two approaches where mechanical techniques or use of FDA approved ingredients are incorporated in skin treatment. It has added advantage as it can do away with ageing signs such as reducing wrinkles, post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation – scars and spots.
Dermatologists and beauty experts strictly recommend to prioritize on skin care regimen that fit your skin type only.
Prescription pills and creams
Your dermatologist may prefer prescription pills or creams should the blackheads be difficult to treat with other medication for acne. Your doctor should spell out the potential risks of pills particularly during pregnancy period.
Other treatments to consider include:
- Chemical peels
- Steroid injection
- Hormonal therapy
Do blackheads on cheeks go away on their own?
Without proper treatment or routine skin care regimen, banishing them from face would be a never-to-come dream. Luckily, people with normal skin can solve this problem on short-term. In essence, if you are experiencing a natural hormonal change (puberty, menopause, periods or pregnancy) your skin pores are manipulated.
During some of these unavoidable periods of hormonal changes or in case of acne breakout, you should continue exfoliating regularly, cleansing and limit or stop use of facial makeup. After all, it is highly anticipated that the blackheads will go away when the hormones are back to normal levels.
Why blackheads on cheeks won’t go away or seem to never clear
If you have a skin problem yet to be discovered, frankly it will always be a hassle to get rid of blackheads on your face. Sometimes you have to blame yourself for this problem. At times not. Below are top reasons why you seem never to get over blackheads on your face.
1. Oily makeup
Wearing an oily makeup on daily basis when already have an oily face doubles the woes! However much you will try cleansing your face the blackheads will keep on haunting your pretty face.
It is then less fortunate if you ever forgot removing your oily makeup at most before bedtime
2. You have a problem
Blackheads that won’t go away indicates that you have serious hormonal disorders, disease, medical illness or problems with your facial complexion. For instance presence of large skin pores can make it even harder to remove and clear blackheads from your face.
3. Wrong cleanser or makeup remover
Lack of sufficient cleansing could burden your skin pores but if you again apply the wrong facial cleansers or during removal of makeup thing may go wrong.
Let us take this this as an example in context of a dry skin complexion. That using dehydrating soaps to clean your face could actually trigger the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum.
How to deal with blackheads on cheeks (face) naturally
Getting rid of blackheads naturally would never be a walk-over. Neither would it guarantee to eliminate this problem. Anyway, these natural procedures will enhance blackhead removal.
1. Steaming your facial skin
Steaming your face with blackheads can be a great deal for blackheads on cheeks. However, it is not a treatment method since it physically helps in opening up of sticky clogged pores.
Do steaming for about 10-15 minutes or so. If the black spots are small blackheads and do not occur more frequently, use a face wash or a mild antibacterial solution daily.
2. Natural exfoliants and DIY facial recipes
Using nutmeg and buttermilk scrub for oily skin
While nutmeg helps to rid the skin of excess oil, buttermilk has higher lactic acid content to aid in breaking down old skin cells. This means that you get an easier time cleansing your face.
Lemon juice and sugar
- Mix 4 tablespoons of white sugar to a few drops of lemon.
- To reduce acidity in lemon add a tablespoonful melted raw honey to the mixture.
Avoid lemon if you have a sensitive facial skin do not include lemon alone as it may stir up things and irritate. Apply with light, circular motions.
Get more on HOMEMADE DIY FACIAL SCRUB RECIPES
3. Pore strip gelatin facial mask
Ingredients and things you require
- Tomato juice
- Peach juice
- Brush or scrubber
- A packet of plain gelatin
Procedure to prepare and applying
- Mix your two favorites (tomato juice for oily skin + gelatin; peach juice (for dry skin), + gelatin; etc.)
- Place your mixture in a microwave for 15s or heat until the gelatin has dissolved
- Cleanse your face or wash
- Apply and spread it on your cheek area. Scrub lightly and then allow to dry.
If you have to use it all over the face avoid the areas near your eyes and membranes near the nostrils
- Peel the mask away your face
6. Honey mask
Raw honey has super anti-oxidation property. This mask cannot remove the blackheads from your face. It is this anti-oxidation quality to prevent the black spot or dark appearance of blackheads. Use this trick after treatment for better results.
7. The egg white mask
A facial mask prepared from the egg white will help to clean the pores, constrict the pores leaving a smooth looking skin surface.
Unfortunately, for deep and stubborn face blackheads, this natural mask is futile and would not be effective for removing incessant blackheads from the cheeks
- Separate the yolk from the egg white
- Mix the egg whites and blend into a foam
- Cleanse your face
- Pat to dry your face then apply a thin layer of egg white over your skin
- Leave it for at least 3mins
- Stop applying after 15 minutes then wash off with cool water.
NOTE: You will need to remove the layer or place a strip of tissue before applying another layer onto previous
Apply a water-based moisturizing cream depending on moisture content in air.
8. Clay masks
Ingredients: Cosmetic clay, (e.g. bentonite, French green, Rhassoul, fuller’s earth) purified water or apple cider vinegar
- Add equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and clay (1tblsp or 2tblsp of each)
- Stir your mix until it makes a paste that is sticky.
- Wash your face and then apply using a makeup brush or fingers
- Relax for 15 minutes
- Tap the areas covered with a warm water and then remove the facial mask gently
9. Baking soda facial scrubs for oily skin
Before going on to use baking soda, do gentle exfoliation.
- Mix (boiled) purified warm water with enough baking soda to make paste.
- Apply this paste while concentrating on the blackheads
- Gently massage with circular motion
- Be patient for 15mins.
- Wash the residue away
- Remember to moisturize afterwards
We have not exhausted all on home remedies for blackheads on face (cheeks). Find more useful tips to help get rid of blackheads from your face.
Dealing with blackheads on your cheeks
Dealing with blackheads on face can be frustrating especially if they incessantly appear often than not. Nevertheless, observing these simple tips especially after undergoing a treatment can be of help.
- Avoid or stop applying any makeup, older cosmetics, lotions or oils
- Do not poke or squeeze or use tools in removing the blackheads
- Avoid ultra-abrasive exfoliants on sensitive skin or dry skin
- Change your pillows regularly
We hope you were able to find useful information about treatment or remedy that worked out for you. Let us know your feedback, results or replies via our comments section.
You may also like
- Puffy Cheeks Causes, Symptoms, How to Get Rid of Cheek Puffiness
- Cheek Biting Causes, Chronic Habitual Biting While Asleep, Symptoms, Remedy for Cheek Bites & How to treat it
- Red Cheeks Causes, on Toddler, Burning Redness not HBP and Cure
- Cheek Piercing – Dermal, Dimple, Cheekbone, Pictures, Jewelry, Scars and Fake
- How to Lose Cheek Fats Fast via Injections, Surgery, Exercises, or Gain Cheek Facts